Sunday, August 12, 2012

Studio Calico Challenge :)

Stuck blog hoppers please scroll down - there's still plenty of time to join in the fun and pick up some great prizes along the way :)))



This  challenge at Studio Calico is super easy and irresistable - simply use black and white photos with any of the gorgeous Studio Calico products. Now I love other peoples' black and white photos but I don't often change my photos because my memories are in colour and I tend to feel that there is something 'missing' when there is no colour in my photo (weird eh!).
Anyway, I chose these two photo of our family in San francisco. I wanted the focus of the page the be on my son and his cute pronunciation of the word San Francisco (Fran-hi-sisco). In both of these photos, although other family members are present, Benji stands out because of his quirky expressions and I think that the black and white photos really emphasise this. My papers are a combination of 'Abroad' and 'Take Note' (two of my favourite SC collections). I aded a little yellow spray ink to blend in my grey background paper with the rest of my brighter coloured papers. Lots of strips of washi tape add splashes of colour and interesting detail to the page. I like to use bright coloured papers with black and white photos to really make them 'pop'.
The cute wood grain thickers are part of the Amy Tangerine line from American Craft. They are so versatile and seem to blend in with any colour scheme.
Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog :)))

4 comments:

Kel said...

LOVE this page Sarah- so bright and fun x

Debbi Tehrani said...

So fabulous, Sarah! Such a sweet story! The papers and colors you used look fab with the black and white pix. Love this!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow - love this!!!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This is fabulous! Just love the colours you've used here.

Thanks for the recent comments on my blog and for sharing your similar story of a lost child. It sounds as though I'm not going to forget those scary moments anytime soon. It's an aweful feeling, but it sure does keep on reminding you about how precious they are, doesn't it.
xxx

Blog Archive