Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ball Night


This will probably be my last LO post until I get back from the UK - we fly out on Saturday morning and will be away until 15th July. I am excited and a little nervous about traveling so far with a 3-year old in tow! Still we are breaking up our return trip with a visit to Disney so I think he (and all the rest of us) will just adore that. The reason for our trip is not a happy one - my mother is seriously ill and we want to spend some time with her while we still can, but as she has severe altzheimers she won't recognise us at all :(
Anyway, on to my page. I used the sketch at 'Sketchabilities' and the criteria over at CSI. This is my first time playing along at CSI and I'm not sure that I have all the criteria right, but I love my LO the way it turned out. I took the photos of my son and his girlfriend at their 7th form ball night. They looked so gorgeous and the CSI colour scheme was such a perfect match for the photo colours. The branch is a resist canvas from Prima. I sprayed it with grey glimmer mist. The red butterflies are also Prima and I sprayed them in the same way. I love using mists as you can alter almost anything to match your colour scheme. I cut my large flower using my tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' die and found this sparkly bling centre in my stash (not sure what it was originaly from). Part of the journaling criteria at CSI was to recore 3 things about your subject which I have hidden on the tags slipped under my photo (hope that is OK for the challenge). My papers are from the Miss Caroline range from MME (so gorgeous and versatlie).
Oh, and the new word over at 'Bird is the Word' is 'Colour' so I entered this into that challenge too!
Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep checking in because I am planning to post photos of our trip and of the mini-travel album that I am hoping to make as we travel (not sure how that will work out though). Those in NZ enjoy the school hols and I hope the weather gets a little warmer so the kids can play outdoors :)

17 comments:

Kel said...

Gorgeous page Sarah!!!.Sorry to hear that yr Mum is sooo ill. Enjoy Disneyland xxx

Chantal Vandenberg said...

I've looked at all your layouts since I last visited... they are all so brilliant - you capture such meaningful moments and I love your style so much! Have a safe trip, and once again - so sorry about your Mum. Disneyland will be amazing though. :)

Unknown said...

Ooh, they DO look stunning in red!! Fab layout, so romantic!!

Unknown said...

These colors are fabulous, and so are the photos!! You did an awesome job with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities!!

Just Els ..... said...

Amazing Sarah.....Picture perfect again.... safe trip, that camera of yours will working over time eh ???? We will be all waiting for more amazing pages of your trip.....love from Els xxx

Fern said...

Sarah, your layout is gorgeous and so romantic!! The colors you used are amazing!!! Thanks for joining us over at Sketchabilities!!

I am so sorry to hear about your mother!! It's such a cruel disease!!! Hugs!!

sue said...

I hope you all have a safe trip, Sarah. How wonderful to be doing Disney on the way home. So much photo ops!!
My neighbours are heading to England on Saturday morning as well, with 6 year old twins, to visit their family. (I am feeding their chickens for the 4 weeks- hope they are laying!)
BTW,Beautiful LO. Beautiful kids!! :)

Marília Lopes said...

Gorgeous page Sarah!!!
Thanks for playing with us in the BITW!!!

Sanna said...

gorgeous page! absolutely beautiful details and a great color combination you´ve used there. Love the butterflies too! Glad you joined the fun at Sketchabilities!!

Mrs Frizz said...

another stunning layout Sarah ... safe travels.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Sarah...Just a great page all the details are great !!!
Thanks for playing with us in the BITW!!!
Big huges and kisses from Brazil
Cynthia

Linda said...

love how you have used the punch all around the page :)

Txh for joining us at BITW

Unknown said...

just a beautiful page and matching colours to pic too..thanks for playing along at BITW

Lizzy Hill said...

Was wondering where you'd gotten to....hope you have a ...good? Satisfying? Anyway, hope it all works out well for your visit & I'm sure Disneyland will be a BIG hit!!! Enjoy every minute - even if I am already missing your scrappy creations!!!! And I'm beginning to understand your love of mists:):):)

Yana Smakula said...

fantastic layout! I really like the colors you used! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities!!

Teresa said...

This is such a pretty page!! I love how you used the sketch and the pictures are so gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us on Sketchabilites :)

Lolô Artesanato said...

wonderful page my dear!
tks for playing along with us at Bird is the word
xx
Leila

Blog Archive