Monday, February 13, 2012

Little Angel


Ok Here's something a little bit different. I had so much fun doing the 'White with One' challenge that I thought I would give something similar a try. This time I combined the Prima sketch challenge for February with a just white (and a little cream and silver) layout. I had recently taken this photo of Benji with the sunlight shining through his hair like a halo. It made me think that even though he can be a little monkey at times he really is my little angel boy. I used texture paste and muslin to make a soft background and sprayed a little clear glimmer mist over it all to give a subtle shimmer. Then I die cut my Prima paper into an artisan shaped, distressed the edges and adhered it to the background along with doilies, lots of flowers and leaves, the gorgeous resin birdhouse and those fabulous white  butterflies (all from Prima). The chipboard frame is from Scrapware and looks awesome dry brushed with white acrylic paint and gently rubbed over with silver metallic paste. The centres of my flowers are from Prima too - they come in packs of 10 and are a fantastic finishing touch to home-made flowers.
I completed my page with a 'Thickers' title and handwritten journaling. Whilst it isn't a traditional 'boy' page I love that it records the softness and beauty of babyhood. I love the 'all white' look too and I will definitely be trying this one again :)

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Wow! This is sensational -sooo different, & even tho' there are flowers, it's not feminine - maybe 'cos of the mono scheme???? Whatever, it's fab & works so, so well... really different. I see another mag LO here:):)

Unknown said...

What a stunning layout - I love white!! Just wanted to pop in and say welcome to the FD team :0) Ali x

Blog Archive